The Truth about the Kensington Rune and the Swedish Hamilton family.Kensington Palace began as a simple two story Jacobean mansion built by Sir George Coppin in 1605 in the Village of Kensington. The mansion was purchased in 1619 by Heneage Finch, 1st Earl of Nottingham and was then known as the Nottingham House. Shortly after William and Mary assumed the throne as joint monarchs in 1689 they began searching for a residence better situated for the comfort of the asthmatic William, as Whitehall Palace was too near the River Thames, with its fog and floods, for William’s fragile health.
In the summer of 1689, William and Mary bought Nottingham House from Secretary of the State Daniel Finch, 2nd Earl of Nottingham for 20,000 English pounds. They then instructed Sir Christopher Wren, Surveyor of the King’s Works to begin an immediate expansion of the house. –Kensington Palace Wikipedia (confirmed w/ other sources as well)
(The Town of) Kensington (Minnesota) was platted in 1887, and named after Kensington in London. A post office has been in operation at Kensington since 1887. Kensington was incorporated in 1891. – Kensington Minnesota Wikipedia
The Wren Building is the oldest academic building in continuous use (College of William and Mary) in the United States ahead of runner-up Massachusetts Hall at Harvard. The Wren building, previously known as “The College” or “The Main Building” was effectively the school’s only academic building until the completion of the Brfferton building and President’s House in the 1720’s and ‘30’s……..After the destruction of Virginia’s former capital of Jamestown, Virginia’s legislature met in the building’s Great Hall as a temporary meeting place from 1700 to 1704 while the Capitol was under construction. –“Wren Building College of William and Mary” Wikipedia (confirmed via additional sources).
It appears as if Wren Hall served as the first English Capitol of any kind in North America. Interesting in an architect so well known for his geometrical sensibilities and renovation of Kensington Palace in London. His work at Kensington would be one of his minor accomplishments. It is debated if he actually designed or simply inspired the design of Wren Hall at the College of William and Mary. His thin link to William and Mary is interesting in light of other connections to some of the mysteries we have been presented with as part of North American folklore and mythology.
The mystery of the Kensington Rune originally found near Kensington Minnesota is likely part of the legacy of the early Cavalier and Jacobite cultures of Virginia. Both of these movements were associated with landed gentry that had come to the colonies in order to extend their temporal power to a new land. Some but not all of these early colonists came from sort of plebian or junior branches of famous landed aristocratic families in Europe. Still fewer of them were part of a secret sect of Catholics who had learned to maintain their faith in a more modern mystery school manner. Many of the symbols of the Catholic Church were employed by this group of people who may have worked in concert with members of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits).
These include many of the symbols seen on the Kensington Stone including the X that represents the Chi Rho symbol and the AVM or Auspice of Maria symbol. All of these symbols are seen in the modern logo of the College of William and Mary today. A value of these symbols is seen in many places throughout the history of Christianity including coinage of the Merovingian dynasty that some speculate were related to Christ. Amazingly associated concepts and symbols seem to weave their way in and out of the narrative of the life of Thomas Jefferson and other influential founding citizens of the Untied States. The family descendants of Lawrence Washington including George Washington seemed to have a value of this form of hidden Catholicism. Eventually this tradition extended to the Hill family many of who came to settle in Alexandria Minnesota. Some of these Washington descendants would become involved in banking in Minnesota with members of the Eaton family who in turn are associated with the founding of the International Peace Garden on the border of the United States and Canada in North Dakota and Manitoba.
Other Hills would go on to own the Great Northern Railroad and Hill’s Grocery Store chain of Nashville Tennessee. Among the talismanic architecture created by the Hill family are St. Paul’s Cathedral and Monastery in Minneapolis, A replica of the Parthenon in Nashville, A reproduction of Stonehenge known as the Maryhill Stonehenge and Art Museum, The Palace of the Legion of Honor in San Francisco, and let us not forget the street plan of Washington D.C. and significant elements of Mt. Vernon Washington’s Estate.
The Jesuits in fact attempted to create a settlement very near where Jamestown would be later located. Their settlement only survived between the years 1570-72 (See “The Geographic Mysteries of Sir Francis Bacon for more). Evidence that there were “hidden Catholics” among the earliest of Jamestown’s settlers includes the recent recovery of a silver reliquary from the grave of Captain Gabriel Archer. Archer was one of the earliest English explorers of New England and Virginia. An examination of his family ties does reveal impressive connections to the other family that were Catholic clergy at the Jesuit School of London, Holy Cross Abbey in Ireland, and Santiago de Compostela in Spain.
Strangely the Archer Reliquary includes symbols that may be associated with this secret sect of Catholics in the colonies. Some of these symbols were just gaining notoriety during the era of Archer as being associated with Freemasonry. Many Catholic symbols such as the Skull and Crossed Bones, The All Seeing Eye and Pyramid, and the Auspice of Maria that resembles the Masonic Compass and Square symbol seem to have not been used by the church after the point that Freemason’s had adapted many of these symbols. It is clear there are instances of even Scottish nobility and Catholic Cathedrals displaying these symbols long before the advent of modern Freemasonry. It is also in this way that many associates the Auspice of Mary as being a coded reference to Mary Magdalene. This is also possible yet we do see people of the Catholic faith valuing these symbols as well. The Auspice of Maria or Mary is still valued among Catholics today and in some cases serves as a symbol of a consecrated place including graves and some buildings other than Churches. Palacio de Monctezuma in Ronda Spain for instance includes this symbol in stone.
Since these symbols are on the Kensington Rune and present on the Archer Reliquary and logo of William and Mary what does it all mean? The Hill family was one of the early first families of Virginia that included relations to the Blair family who were Chancellors of the College of William and Mary for a time. They also have a direct heritage with the founders of the College and the Washington family. Though he did not graduate George Washington attended William and Mary and may have studied land surveying there, as did Thomas Jefferson.
A synopsis my last book “The Geographic Mysteries of Sir Francis Bacon” would include how the Hill family came to be included in this legacy in Alexandria Minnesota home of the Kensington Rune Stone Museum today. They had come from a place and culture in England that already valued the AVM symbol and Chi Rho for its associations to what some of this class may have felt included their relation to the Plantagenet and Merovingian Blood of Christ. This synopsis would also include how they were involved in other architecture related to their role in the development of the Untied States and as representatives of the Spencer and Washington families. The Hill family of Alexandria Minnesota would also intermarry with the Lewis and Marquette families that included two famous explorers and possibly links to the group of Hartford First Families discussed earlier. Though there is no proven connection there is a man named Hill who played a central role in the efforts of the “Eldorado Company’s” efforts to recover the Oak Island Treasure. Though Hill is a common name there is a clear link between these Hill’s of Virginia, Kentucky, and Minnesota. In short it is strange that the same symbols valued by a sect of hidden Masonic Catholics would also be included on the Kensington Rune. In addition these symbols are seen in both Jamestown in a archaeological context and on the modern logo of the College of William and Mary that members of this family group created.
Is it merely a coincidence the name “Kensington” is so closely related to both the person’s of King and Queen William and Mary but also the College and town from which the Hill and their other First Family members originated in the colonies? Kensington Palace was not called Kensington Palace until the namesakes of the College of William and Mary occupied it. Now we have the same symbols on the Kensington Rune in a town named Kensington Minnesota. The fact that the Kensington Rune is also located in Douglas County is directly applicable to the real story of the “Rune Stone.”
Douglas County is named for Stephen Douglas a Civil War era politician and rival of President Lincoln. Stephen Douglas was directly descendant of Benedict Arnold Sr. who history tells us built the Newport Tower in association with windmill builder Thomas Stafford. The octagonal form of the Newport tower may be used to create an arc or azimuth on the globe that “points to” the Kensington Rune every day of the year every year regardless of date or time. The Newport Tower “points to” the Kensington Rune but why and how?
A: Because the Newport Tower was built to mark an earlier claim by English interests who had left a stone cairn at that spot before.
Also included in previous works of mine is a description and history of how the location of Star Castle on the isles of Scilly was used to legally claim New England for Elizabeth I in a way that had been agreed upon by this time by Royal peers. The resulting land claim includes the fact that the octagonal array of Star Castle ‘points to” both the Newport Tower and the site of the signing of the Mayflower Compact. This series of events explains why the Tower was built when the common history states it was. But why does it point to the Kensington Rune?
A: Because the Kensington Rune, the lost “La Verendrye Rune”, and the site of a strange sandstone pillar on the Milk River in Alberta that includes Ogham script are all located on a the boundary of Rupert’s Land and French Louisiana. Their locations match the boundary as defined after the Treaty of Utrecht in 1714 coincidentally one year before the first Jacobite Rising in England and Scotland and the same year the octagonal Powder Magazine was built in Colonial Williamsburg. Interestingly this boundary between Louisiana and Rupert’s Land included values seen by French and English Jacobite interests. As the French were allied with the colonies against England so they may have had sympathies for English Jacobites who shared a common enemy. Is it possible that the Kensington Rune had been placed by original Hudson’s Bay personnel near their 1670 Establishment date? Or had it been placed later by the English as part of their re-assuming this territory after the French had owned it for a time?
Field Marshall George Hamilton, 1st Earl of Orkney (KT) February 1666-29 January 1737), styled Lord George Hamilton from 1666 to 1696, was a British soldier nobleman and the first British Army officer to be promoted to the rank of field marshal: Born the Son of William Douglas, 1st Earl of Selkirk and Anne, 3rd Duchess of Hamilton. Hamilton was commissioned into His Majesty’s Royal Regiment of Foot, a regiment for which his uncle Lord Dumbarton held the colonelcy on 9 May 1684
On 3 January 1696 Hamilton was created Earl of Orkney, Viscount Kirkwall and Baron Dechmont in the Scottish Peerage. Shortly thereafter he acquired the estates o Taplow Court and Cliveden. He became Governor of Virginia in 1698 but appears never to have visited the colony.
It may be more likely that Kensington Rune had been influenced by onetime Hudson’s Bay Company primary owner and founder of the Red River Colony (1810) Lord Selkirk (Douglas/Hamilton family). Lord Selkirk was a member of the famous family of Douglas of Scotland that had always maintained influence and power through many different phases of history and royal administration as well as his ancestor George’s Hamilton’s family. Thomas Douglas held the title of Lord of Selkirk just as his ancestor did who was George’s father. Note also George Hamilton was the Governor of Virginia that included the period when the first Jacobite uprising, the building of the Powder Magazine and the Treaty of Utrecht that again made the boundaries of the Hudson’s Bay Company in Minnesota an important thing to be aware of. This is how and why the Powder Magazine in Colonial Williamsburg “points to” the International Peace Garden just as the Newport Tower “points to” the Kensington Rune. Also note that the octagonal sunken garden’s at the Peace Garden “point to” the Kensington Rune as well. All of these axes where places where a domain was being established in an ancient Greek if not older tradition as seen at the Tower of the Winds in Athens.
The Peace Garden according to my theories presented in many works was a prime meridian marked from which the Hudson’s Bay Company could legally claim property and define their domain by the placement of the Kensington Stone, Minot La Verendrye Stone, and Sandstone Pillar with Ogham inscription on the Milk River. The location of all three of these sites matches the boundaries of Rupert’s Land as defined originally and prior to the Louisiana Purchase. Here we have a direct link between Colonial Virginia and the owner of the Hudson’s Bay Company an entity that is involved in many strange aspects of history from Minnesota to Mt. Shasta and San Francisco California.
George Hamilton Earl of Orkney and Governor of Virginia was a Knight of the Thistle the Royal Order of Knighthood in Scotland. The collar of the order seems to also contain the same symbols seen on the Archer Reliquary in Jamestown, The logo of the College of William and Mary, The Kensington Rune, and a personal sigil embroidered by Mary Queen of Scots. It may be entirely possible that these symbols were included on the Kensington Rune out of respect for the Knights of the Thistle of Scotland, Their Jacobite ideals, The Swedish Hamilton Jacobites, and their many hidden meanings. These symbols are plain to see on this decoration. Here we are being told an X means St. Andrew. There are clear avenues for this association to be true via valid family ties between Lord Selkirk and the Barons of Hamilton of Sweden and their Jacobite sympathies.
The Red River Colony of Lord Selkirk used the same boundaries that had previously been established by the Hudson’s Bay Company. This would have made the location of the Kensington Rune exactly on or very close to what should have been the southern boundary of both Rupert’s Land and French Louisiana that would later become part of the Untied States via the Louisiana Purchase.
Lord Selkirk even had direct family ties to Swedish Nobility via his Baron of Hamilton relatives of Sweden that may explain why runes are on this stone. Sweden was indeed a hotbed of Jacobite sympathies after the 1715 Jacobite uprising. Many Jacobite military officers went to Sweden to be part of their military as some Scots had done this for a long time now. Other Jacobite refugees went to the colonies. Records indicate that Lord Selkirk visited Sweden and adapted their methods of raising sheep for use in the Red River Colony. At this time Selkirk also sent a number of Swedes to be colonists in his new venture in North America.
Selkirk was descended from his great grandmother Hamilton and was part of their family as well. Many accounts have Lord Selkirk having Jacobite sympathies even though he lived much later. Here again is a rationale as to why he would have similar values to both American and English individuals with this family tradition. Through this story we see this sentiment also being held by many French families that contributed to the creation of a Republic in that country. Via the Hamilton, Brown’s, and other Scottish families we may see Jacobite ideals also being valued in a large way in Sweden the traditional home of Rune Stones.
Note X similar to that seen as a “rune” on the “Kensington Rune” in the collar of the Knight of the Thistle decoration as once worn by George Hamilton 1st Earl of Orkney and Governor of Virginia where the Kensington Stone mystery is solved. This is also a reference to the Cross of St. Andrew that in turn suggests the Chi Rho and the imagery of Arcadia and Achea. Note also concealed in the collar within the duel letters “X” the AVM symbol. The Knight of the Thistle decoration shows us all the same symbols seen on the Kensington Rune.
Some historical investigators even speculate that a Jacobite invasion from Sweden using members of the Hamilton family military hierarchy was planned at one time. At this time several traditional Scottish families had members among the ranks of many foreign Militaries. Swede Robert Hamilton was even captured and served with the Russian Army for a while and was associated with Bruce family member and Russian Royal Court Magi Jakob Bruce.
Many of these Hamilton members of Swedish nobility are buried at what was once Vreta Abbey a Cistercian Nunnery. Here we have a direct link to many of the concepts that other researchers have supposed to be associated with the Kensington Stone but at a much later date and in a context that would link them directly to our Hill family of Minnesota later. Now this entire concept is linked directly to a family that had direct influence on the development of the region where the Kensington Stone is located. The Stone is even located in a context that suggested a border between two like-minded Jacobite families; one American (The Hills) the other Scottish (Douglas and Hamilton). It may be via these Jacobite family ties that the later Hills were possibly aware of the truth of this stone when they settled in Alexandria Minnesota relatively early in the history of that state. This is how and why the legacy of the Kensington Stone has its origins in Virginia in large part.
All of this new information also appears in a historical context that involves those family members from Sweden who may have used and valued a Runic Cipher such as that seen on the famous “Larsson Papers.” The Larsson Papers are notations made by a person named Larsson in Sweden who noted the same X character seen on the Kensington Stone that may represent the Chi Rho. It is also clear that Lord Selkirk had brought many Swedes over to be settlers in his new colonization scheme. It is possible that via these connections that a later Swedish Masonic runic cipher came to be included on the Kensington Rune along with such vivid Jacobite Catholic symbols AVM and Cross of St. Andrew. The Cross of St. Andrew and the Order of the Thistle still likely held a great deal of value and attraction to the Swedish Hamilton’s though they were very loyal to Sweden.
Undocumented sources suggest that this particular Larsson even had an aunt that lived close to Kensington and Alexandria Minnesota. Curiously this same document said to be dated 1880 also includes a Masonic “Pig Pen” or “Box Cipher” key beneath the “Futharks” that denote the pertinent runes. Why does this document used to interpret the Kensington Stone include a traditional Masonic Cipher? Of course this document may not have anything to directly to do with the Kensington Stone but is curious a Masonic code is on a document that includes what is admitted by many to be a rare form or font depicting the “X” rune. In many ways the origins of this document suggest that the Kensington Stone can’t be very much older than the production date of the Larsson papers.
Note again this document was found in Sweden and not Minnesota as well. It may be that Mr. Larsson had gained knowledge of this cipher via Masonic associations. Common rationalizations for the modern origins of this runic script include use as a kind of “hobos alphabet” in more than one description. This may also point to a Masonic origin for this strange X seen with the “Pig Pen” cipher. Why else would it include the Pig Pen cipher key as well in association with another way of writing that also requires a “key” to understand? The Pig Pen cipher is clearly being associated with the runes. Very simple indications say the Larsson Papers are Masonic in origin. Unless others are known to ue the “pig pen” cipher.
The Hamilton’s of Sweden also have a direct association with the Cistercian Order there though it was eventually outlawed. It may be that these Swedish Hamilton’s were also “hidden Catholics” during the same era others were in the now eighteenth century era. There is not evidence of any of the Swedish Hamilton’s being involved in the Red River Colony but it is possible given the presence of many from there at that time. It may also be that some of these Scandinavian Hamilton’s were somehow involved in the Hudson’s Bay Company and Hanseatic League that is a similar organization. The Hamilton’s in Sweden seemed to have played a similar role to that of Jakob Bruce in his membership of the Royal Court of the Tsars of Russia.
Logic also dictates that who ever originally placed the Kensington Stone did so after the creation of at least Rupert’s Land (1670) whose border it likely marks. The method of claim by marking the divisions between watersheds is even suggested in the Ethiopian tradition of the “Bounds of Alexandria” noted by Scottish explorer James Bruce. The next suspects would be French interests after the Treaty of Utrecht. Prior to that they would not have had any motivation to mark this boundary. It appears that Jacobite elements associated with the Hudson’s Bay Company, Lord Selkirk, and the Red River Colony may have placed the legends of the Kensington Stone, La Verendrye Minot Stone, and Sandstone Pillar on the Milk River of Alberta that includes an Ogham inscription. Meanwhile there are hints via correspondence between French explorers La Salle and La Moyne d’Iberville that suggest the French also left boundary stones with “foreign writing” on them.
All of these places may have been measured from the central axis from which spatial data was collected to define the Hudson’s Bay Company domain at Turtle Mountain the current site of the International Peace Garden on the border of the United States and Canada. The French La Verendrye party seemed to use Turtle Mountain, the site of the modern Peace Garden, as a datum or place to measure from in their expeditions. Each one of these places also includes Jacobite imagery that applies to the era of the Treaty of Utrecht and 1745 Jacobite risings. All of this was also executed in a manner that included the same activity being part of the architectural follies of many landed gentry in England and Europe. There is a clear history and indication of a tradition of treasure myths and strange legends associated with many of these places. Mt. Shasta California is one such place that also has direct ties to this particular tradition in the same context as the Kensington Rune, Oak Island Mystery, and Rennes le Chateau phenomena. In the end this tradition may be designed to inform one of important concepts and truths that may be useful in understanding history and its truths and falsehoods. You just have to take the time to look and maintain a healthy sense of humor as well.